Our collection and use of your personal information
- We only collect personal information from you (“your Personal Information”) which is relevant to our business and the operation of the Website. The personal information we collect includes your name, email, country, postcode and other information that you upload when you subscribe to access the Resources. Any account details are held by third party providers such as Paypal within their secure systems.
- Your Personal Information is collected when you subscribe and when you update or change your subscription. If you do not provide your Personal Information when requested at those stages, we will not be able to process your subscription or allow you to access any of the Resources.
- We may from time to time send you information about our products (including the Resources) and about our business. You may, however, unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by following the instructions sent out with the relevant mail to you.
Protection and security of personal information
- We believe that it is important to keep your Personal Information secure from misuse and unauthorised access or disclosure. We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold. For example, we keep your information on a secure server, with back-ups in a bank security box.
Our disclosure of your personal information
We will not knowingly disclose your Personal Information to any third parties in a manner or form that positively identifies you unless we have your consent, except as provided below.
We may, however, disclose your Personal Information to third parties who provide website hosting or data storage services to us. We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to our legal and other professional advisors;
- to law enforcement authorities if we suspect that an unlawful act is being committed or that such disclosure will prevent that unlawful act; or
- as otherwise required or authorised by law.
Overseas use of your Personal Information
- We will not transfer your Personal Information overseas to a country that is not subject to a comparable privacy scheme without your consent unless the transfer is for your benefit or unless the transfer is to a related body corporate of Maths Matters.
Keeping personal information complete, accurate and up-to-date
- We aim to ensure that the personal information we collect and use is complete, accurate and up-to-date. You can update your Personal Information by contacting us as set out below, or by maintaining the information on the ”Your Account Details” section of the Website.
Gaining access to your Personal Information
- You may access your Personal Information subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you request access to your Personal Information, we will ask you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover our reasonable expenses in meeting your request.
Changes to this Policy
Contacting Maths Matters
You can contact us as follows:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: during NSW business hours on: 0421 924 775
- Write: The Privacy Officer, Maths Matters, PO Box 380 CONCORD NSW 2137